My Photo
Name:

brain spoon n. 1. A device used by 4th century Quirinalian monks to exact revenge for crimes deemed monstrously immoral. The device consisted of a large scoop with razor sharp edges, fixed to bellows and a hollow tube, through which was poured a mixture of vinegar and molten metal intended to soften the skull, thereby facilitating cranial penetration and extraction of brain sections. 2. Any device which causes extreme pain in the craniocerebral region.

And now, for The Best of Wayne Moon, you'll have to weed through this mangled Myspace site that will need to be reconstructed after their attempt to keep up: Wayne Moon on Myspace.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Train Tract Exchange

Woman, mid-twenties, five feet six inches, a hundred sixty pounds, shoulder length, curly blonde hair, red-orange lipstick, sad eyes, lots of black mascara. She sits alone, in the double seats on the right side of the train, facing the rest of us. I sense that she is about to call my attention, so I look up.

WOMAN: Do you have a cell phone I can use?

ME (blissfully unaware of any double entendre): Not one I could let you use for free.

WOMAN: Oh. Okay.

ME (continuing to employ absolutely no double entendre): I get screwed on my cell phone service.

WOMAN: Oh. Okay.

She turns away and stares out the window. Another woman sits down, across the aisle, in one of the three facing seats on the left side of the train, her back to the driver. She raises a cell phone to her ear, says something in Spanish. I wonder, once the Spanish call has been completed, will the blonde woman ask to use her cell phone? She never does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home