My Photo
Name:

brain spoon n. 1. A device used by 4th century Quirinalian monks to exact revenge for crimes deemed monstrously immoral. The device consisted of a large scoop with razor sharp edges, fixed to bellows and a hollow tube, through which was poured a mixture of vinegar and molten metal intended to soften the skull, thereby facilitating cranial penetration and extraction of brain sections. 2. Any device which causes extreme pain in the craniocerebral region.

And now, for The Best of Wayne Moon, you'll have to weed through this mangled Myspace site that will need to be reconstructed after their attempt to keep up: Wayne Moon on Myspace.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Holiday Fear Number 254

I am sitting on the train. Outside, holiday lights blink and blur, and my slumbering childhood stirs in a moment of remembered delight. But the echoes are tempered by urban teenagers who sit across the aisle, their saucy language peppered with explosive laughter. They are intimidating and I am a thread, straining to connect two folds in the world, the dangerous and the magical. It’s a world I wish to share with my young daughter, to introduce her to the enchantment of my youth. Yet I fear this world, where teenagers lurk like demons behind stalagmites, watching and waiting to poison the innocent with the ills of the chaos from which they've sprung.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home