My Photo
Name:

brain spoon n. 1. A device used by 4th century Quirinalian monks to exact revenge for crimes deemed monstrously immoral. The device consisted of a large scoop with razor sharp edges, fixed to bellows and a hollow tube, through which was poured a mixture of vinegar and molten metal intended to soften the skull, thereby facilitating cranial penetration and extraction of brain sections. 2. Any device which causes extreme pain in the craniocerebral region.

And now, for The Best of Wayne Moon, you'll have to weed through this mangled Myspace site that will need to be reconstructed after their attempt to keep up: Wayne Moon on Myspace.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Early Detection of Holidays Winding Down

It's one in the morning and I'm dwelling on a couple of problems: ringing in the ears, light-headed, fuzzy-brained, forgot what I was just thinking about, you know, the usual...

oh, and the number of things I've dreamed up that, it turns out, were already in development and were about to make someone else a lot of money. For example, sometime in 1997-98, I had been writing a screenplay, the working title of which was Set. Six months later, The Truman Show was released, with my premise intact...however I had planned for Terry Gilliam to direct mine. Next, I expect to see my Christmas invention in Walmart during the 2005 holiday season. I won't provide the details for my invention here, for obvious reasons.

Yes, I know. What am I waiting for? The real story to start?
"You never stop waiting for the real story to start, because the only real story, in the end, is that you die."
- Johnathan Franzen, "Caught" from The New Yorker

Anyway, the tsunami...hey, that word is more fun to write than it should be...reminds me that we ought to get to work on that Asteroid Early Detection System. Seriously, what the hell would we do if we had, say, a month notice that human life was about to be wiped out? What do you do with a month like that? I mean, Christ Almighty!

So, Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home